The New American Colleges and Universities (NAC&U) Board of Directors recently elected its 2019-20 executive committee slate to oversee the overall direction of the organization. NAC&U is a national consortium of private, comprehensive colleges and universities that are recognized for advancing the integration of liberal education, professional studies, and civic engagement. Collectively its members work to improve student learning environments and outcomes and preserve and promote a comprehensive model of education that reflects quality and purpose.
The following board members will serve on the executive committee:
- Chair: Troy Hammond, President, North Central College
- Chair-elect: Devorah Lieberman, President, University of La Verne
- Past Chair: Daan Braveman, President, Nazareth College
- Membership Chair: Dan DiBiasio, President, Ohio Northern University
- At-Large Member: Fayneese Miller, President, Hamline University
The Board of Directors also elected its executive officers which serve in a regulatory role for the non-profit. The slate of officers is as follows:
- President: Sean Creighton, President, NAC&U
- Vice President: Troy Hammond, President, North Central College
- Secretary: Devorah Lieberman, President, University of La Verne
- Treasurer: Bill Ballard, VP for Financial Affairs, Ohio Northern University
At its meeting, the Board of Directors welcomed Daniel Lugo, incoming president at Queens University of Charlotte, as a new board member. Lugo replaced Pamela Davies who retired as president of Queens University of Charlotte in June. The board will also welcome new presidents from Roger Williams University and Wagner College later this summer.