–Call for Submissions–
The NAC&U Prize for Student Excellence have a threefold purpose:
- To recognize outstanding contributions in the liberal arts, professional programs or experiential learning, and civic engagement
- To promote students who attend NAC&U institutions
- To enhance the visibility of NAC&U faculty contributions
Up to three $1000 prizes are available to undergraduate seniors who present a compelling artifact that represents their undergraduate work as it pertains to:
- Their knowledge and experience in the liberal arts, or
- Their knowledge and experience in professional programs or experiential learning (study abroad, fieldwork, or other related experiences), or
- Their knowledge and experiences in civic engagement.
Submissions are limited to ONE ENTRY per member campus.
Individual campuses are responsible for vetting and selecting their submission.
The deadline for each NAC&U member institution’s submission is Monday, February 5, 2018.
The artifact should consist of the following:
- 3000-5000-word document and or ancillary materials such as: PowerPoint, PDF, video, images of artwork or design,recording, research poster, etc.
- For a research poster, a final draft of the paper should also be included.
- All submissions are required to include a 500 word-count-minimum (750 word-count-maximum) introductory document that addresses any two of the following:
- The applicant’s knowledge and experience in the liberal arts and how those experiences are connected to their entry.
- The applicant’s knowledge and experience in professional programs or experiential learning (study abroad, fieldwork, or other related experiences) and how those experiences are connected to their entry.
- Their knowledge and experiences in civic engagement and how those experiences are connected to their entry
ONLY COMPLETE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Prize recipients will be publicized on the NAC&U website and must be present at the NAC&U Summer Institute to receive the prize (June 19 – 21, 2018 at Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA). All submissions must be electronically received.
Please direct any questions to:
Dr. Heidi Laudien (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Keith Koster (email@example.com)
Once your institution has selected its entry, send an electronic version by Monday, February 5, 2018 to Michelle Apuzzio, Assistant Director, NAC&U firstname.lastname@example.org