Gary A. Morris
1. Physics Education Research (item response curves, evaluating the effectiveness of assessment instruments, using assessment to improve instruction)
2. Air Quality Research (measurements of ozone, sulfur dioxide, and ozone precursors by balloon sounding and surface instruments; analysis of air quality data from in situ and remote sensing instruments; atmospheric modeling: dynamics and chemistry)
3. publication list at: http://works.bepress.com/gary_morris/
1. Stratospheric dynamics and chemistry: the ozone hole and stratospheric ozone - models and measurements
2. Atmospheric electricity: the global electrical circuit - using ground-based instruments to measure the electrical activity of the planet; long-term studies relating the electrical activity of the planet to climate change.
3. IDL programs
5. statistical analyses
6. item response curves
7. transition matrices
1. trajectory mapping
2. Kalman filtering
3. Fortran programming
ability to program (in IDL, especially helpful, but any language will do)
Undergraduates, Master's students, Ph.D. students
1. Computational quantum many-body physics. 2. Computational modeling of superconductors.
1. GPU-based molecular dynamics simulations. 2. Simulations of quantum mechanical spin systems.